Friday, June 11, 2010

The 2010 FIFA World Cup kicks off this afternoon with the Opening Match between South Africa and Mexico - Woohoo!!

I will be honest with you... I'm not a soccer fan. I played soccer in third or fourth grade. We also played a lot of kickball... soccer is a game for the masses - maybe that's why soccer isn't played in the United States... or is it? It's a game for the masses in places like Mexico and South America and Europe. Come to think of it, I'm not much of a sports fan of any sport. It's not that I don't like the spirit of the game, I do. But, I rather read a book or write a post about why I don't watch sports. A lot of negatives in this post :)
But what is happening in South Africa is something special. It's the FIFA (stands for International Federation of Association Football) World Cup(TM). This is something big - a better word is huge. The television audience is in the billions not to mention the fans at the actual match
Well, let the game begin. Go Mexico! Who knows, maybe I'll watch the game and learn to enjoy the sport called soccer.